Feb 28, 2010

Boredom Vs Depression Vs Psychosis

Via @biglove's Blog

This has been a question I have been pandering for quite a while...is depression really just extreme bordom? I often find myself depressed and start analyzing...why am I depressed? I talk with other people about similar feelings...."blue" days....spend money on therapy for it and I'm coming to the realization that I'm just really, really, really bored. And I have thought about this for a long time....what would make me happy?....what could I be doing that would make me feel better? Activities....movies...books....travel....ect. But you have to be "in the mood" to do things...so, maybe it is depression causing my boredom by keeping me "out of the mood"...Hmmmmm
So....are you bored or depressed....or are you psychotic?

Quote: As someone suffering from clinical depression, I know that the symptoms go far deeper than just being bored. Feeling 'blue' isn't what I would call depression. Depression, the way I see it, is a deep seated, unbearable feeling of sadness. It's heavy. It hurts. It's almost tangible. If I feel down, like you said, I like to shop.. it makes me feel better. But if I'm depressed: really, truely, not-on-my-meds depressed, life is unbearable. NOTHING makes me feel better. EVERYTHING sucks. Everything hurts, and I don't want to do a damn thing. I want to sleep. Period. That's not being bored..
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!